Over the course of the last month I have delivered a series of presentations to recruiters – both in-house and agency side. This is the first of the presentations – How Recruiters Can Build Their Social Media Profiles To Attract More Candidates
. I was asked to share my experiences of some of the things recruiters could do on social media that would benefit them in their social media candidate attraction
- Do your homework first and figure out who your target audience is.
- Make sure your headline tells people what you do – the less cryptic the better!
- Make sure you have a good profile picture – no speedos please!
- Keep the same profile picture across all the social media profiles that candidates could find you (for work). Be consistent.
- Write the profile for your specific audience – it isn’t for your boss or the marketing department, it should be for the people you want to engage.
- Make sure that there is regular activity on your social media profile – there is nothing worse than a social media profile looking like a dead-end ghost town.
- Ensure your content and engagement interesting (to your audience) -if you think it is boring and not relevant, the chances are that your audience will think the same! Don’t post it.
- Always be connecting and following. On this occasion numbers do count, so keep on connecting with people on LinkedIn, following them on Twitter, Instagram etc.
- The more engaging you are then the more likely your target audience are going to reciprocate that – keep up the commenting, liking and sharing your target audience’s content, it is a great way of building a following.
- Inject your own character into your social profiles – it helps to build your own individual brand and differentiate your profile